Water Dragons 2017
Water Dragons 2017 Final took place at The College of St Hild & St Bede, Durham University. The final was hosted by The Water Hub, a venture involving the Environment Agency, Northumbrian Water, Durham County Council, Durham University, and the European Regional Development Fund.
The final of the 2017 heat winners of water dragons was judged by Steve Kaye, Anglian Water; Simon Dray, Hydrosave; Chris Jones, Northumbrian Water; Paul Rutter, Thames Water and Alastair Moseley, Chair Future Water Association Innovation Hub.
Water Dragons 2017 finalists :
- Quensus & Waterfit – Winners of Heat 1, held at the Affinity Water Innovation Day
- FabLittleBag – Winner of Heat 2, held at Future Water Association’s Member Engagement Forum
- Nuron & Primayer – Winners of Heat 3, held at Future Water Networks 2017
Like all the best ideas, the fundamentals underpinning Water Dragons are simple and straightforward. Companies pitch their innovation to the Dragons after which the Dragons then cross-examine the presenters, focussing on three key areas:
- Have they clearly identified the potential size and value of the market?
- Have the presenters thought through how their innovation would be implemented?
- No innovation operates in a vacuum – how will its introduction impact on existing operations, working practices and systems?
Interested in being part of the Water Dragons audience?
Members are invited to attend the event free of charge.
There are also always a limited number of exhibition opportunities available
at Water Dragons heats and finals events.
Interested members please get in touch.
The 2017 final was in association with and supported by The Water Hub.