The role of the judging panel is to consider the entries against the assessment criteria and recommend a balanced portfolio of entries to receive a share of the £40 million funds available through this round of the Water Breakthrough Challenge. Ofwat will then make the final decision based on the panel’s recommendations.
The eight judges forming the Water Breakthrough Challenge panel have been selected for the wide range of perspectives they bring, with a balance of water sector and non-water sector voices. The judges also bring a range of expertise and experience in relation to each of the strategic innovation themes for the Water Breakthrough Challenge.
The eight judges are:
- Anusha Shah, Director Resilient Cities, Arcadis , BEng, CEng, FICE, Chair
- Paul Connell, Founder, Open Data Institute Leeds
- Prof Tony Conway, Visiting Professor, Sheffield University and prior Executive Director, United Utilities
- Sharon Darcy, Director, Sustainability First
- Paul O’Callaghan, Founder & CEO, BlueTech Research & Brave Blue World
- Niki Roach, President, The Chartered Institution of Water and Environmental Management , Director and Co-Founder of AxiaOrigin, FCIWEM, CEnv
- Frank Rogalla, Director of Innovation and Technology, Aqualia (Spain)
- Kalanithy Vairavamoorthy, Executive Director, International Water Association
Read more about the judges here