MOSL is facilitating the launch of the non-household market’s first Market Improvement Fund, and the bidding window is now open.
The Market Improvement Fund (MIF) has been established to fund and deliver innovative projects that will benefit the non-household market and its customers.
The first bidding window will close for applications at 6pm on Thursday 30 September.
The Market Improvement Fund was established through the implementation of change proposal CPM018: ‘Treatment of Market Performance Standard charges and Operational Performance Standard charges which seeks to use some or all of the charges to fund activities which may address market failures that cannot be addressed through other funding mechanisms.
The first iteration of the fund in 2021 will award a total of up to £1 million to successful applicants, who will be judged by an independent selection panel.
The projects that are applicable to this fund are those which:
- Enhance market functioning and benefit non-household customers
- Cannot be considered ‘business as usual’
- Do not confer any particular competitive advantage to any trading party or group of trading parties.
Applicants can bid for a minimum of £10k and a maximum of £150k, however bids which require funds outside of this criteria may be considered.
Further information on the timeline and criteria of the fund is available in the application documents on the MOSL website.
How will it work?
- Bids are not limited to themes – but it is important to show how a project will benefit the market and its customers
- Applicants must submit applications to MOSL but an independent Selection Panel will review and score the bids to decide the winners – subject to ratification by the Panel
- Applications must be sponsored by at least one trading party or MOSL, however, third-parties are encouraged to be part of bids.
A full list of criteria is available in the governance document.
How do I apply?
The bidding window is now open and closes on Thursday 30 September at 6pm.
To apply for the Market Improvement Fund you will need to submit an application form and supporting evidence to MOSL. Please download the application pack below – individual documents are available to download at the bottom of the page.