Eleven collaborative entries of the inaugural Innovation in Water Challenge will receive up to £250,000 each to tackle the biggest issues facing the water sector in England and Wales. The initiatives have been selected for their innovative approach to key challenges in the water sector.
These highly collaborative projects bring together 14 different water companies, as well as a wide range of partner organisations from within and outside the water sector. Their overall worth is £2.16m.
The winning entries are (in alphabetical order):
- AI & Sewer Defect Analysis
- Enabling Whole Life Carbon Design
- Industrial Symbiosis
- Leak Detection using Dark Fibre
- Organics Ammonia Recovery
- Reservoir water community monitoring for algal associated risk assessment
- Seagrass Seeds of Recovery
- Smarter Tanks to build a resilient network
- Supporting customers in vulnerable circumstances
- UK Water Sector Innovation Centre of Excellence
Visit the IWC website to explore the successful entries of the IWC and the partners behind each initiative.