- This event has passed.
Waterwise 2022 Digital Conference
21 March @ 8:00 am - 25 March @ 12:00 pm
This year’s Waterwise Conference ‘Water efficiency and climate crisis: connecting science, policy and practice’ is being held digitally from 21st to 25th March 2022.
The Annual Waterwise Conference has been the major national water efficiency event in the UK since 2007. Following the success of the digital conferences in 2020 and 2021 we are continuing this online format, enabling hundreds of delegates and great speakers to join us from across the UK.
Nicci Russell, Managing Director for Waterwise, said:
‘This year’s conference will be focusing on what can be done on water efficiency in the context of the climate crisis – whether it is getting back on track after Covid, delivering successful behaviour change initiatives, ensuring social justice in adaptation, reaching net zero or creating a new water efficiency strategy for the UK. We’ll be listening to voices within and outside the sector as we work out how to tackle these challenges together.’
Conference sessions this year include: behavioural change practice and evaluation, the latest on the updated UK Water Efficiency Strategy, water neutrality, and the link between water efficiency and climate justice.
Sessions will last two hours, from 10am – 12 noon on Monday to Friday plus 1.30 – 3.30pm on Tuesday.
Confirmed speakers so far include:
- Dr Fatima Ajia – Social Research and Campaigns Manager, Waterwise
- Ed Barnes – Head of Demand Management, Affinity Water
- Noyona Chundur – CEO, Consumer Council [Northern Ireland]
- Jess Cook – Project Development Manager (Water Poverty), National Energy Action
- Lydia Dareheath – Public Policy Advisor, Anglian Water and Chair, UK Water Efficiency Strategy Steering Group’s Task and Finish Group on Water Neutrality
- Tania Flasck – Interim Director of People, Affinity Water and Waterwise Chair
- Susie Fitton – Policy Officer, Inclusion Scotland
- Dr Kevin Grecksch – Departmental Lecturer and Course Director MSc/MPhil in Water Science, Policy and Management, School of Geography and Environment, University of Oxford
- Lee Horrocks – Waterwise Deputy Chair
- Dr Shai Kassirer – Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Department of Geography and Environmental Science, University of Reading
- Karma Loveday – Editor, The Water Report and Waterwise Board Member
- Dene Marshallsay – Director, Artesia Consulting
- Barry Millar – Director, Waterscan and Chair, Retail Wholesaler Group Water Efficiency Group
- Victoria Nevin – Programme Manager, Affinity Water
- Dr Rose O’Neill – CEO, Campaign for National Parks and Waterwise Board Member
- Simon Potter – Water Supply & Demand Programme Sponsor, Southern Water
- Nicci Russell – Managing Director, Waterwise
- Tyrone Scott – Consultant, The Social Change Agency and Climate Activist
- Dr Liz Sharp – Senior Lecturer, Department of Urban Studies and Planning, Sheffield Water Centre, University of Sheffield
- Fraser Stewart – PhD student in the School of Government and Public Policy, University of Strathclyde
- Lila Thompson – CEO, British Water
- Gavin Thorne – Group Head of Infrastructure & Utilities, Barratt Homes
- Andrew Tucker – Water Demand Reduction Manager, Thames Water
- Di West – Lofty Giraffe Coaching