- This event has passed.
RICS Water Conference 2018
27th November 2018
Join leading experts from water companies, regulators and government bodies at RICS Water Conference 2018, as they discuss and debate the future of the water sector and the role surveyors can play in making the industry more resilient.
Michael Gove’s 25 Year Plan to Improve the Environment features key goals and policies around water; namely reducing flood risks, creating and sustaining wetlands to reduce flood risks, natural flood management, water abstraction, valuation of natural capital amongst others. These are all areas in which surveyors operate or advise on. Against this background, RICS has partnered up with the Environment Agency to launch the inaugural RICS Water Conference which will provide an opportunity for surveyors to engage with each other and share best practice in the water industry.
Highlights of the conference include:
- Delivering long term environmental improvement
- Natural Infrastructure Schemes in practice
- Water abstraction regime in England
- Know your riparian rights
- Roles and responsibilities of water companies
- Statutory powers of water companies – a view from undertakers and landowners
- Flooding, valuation and land
Future Water Asscoiation members can benefit from RICS member rate by using the code VHR0000778 at checkout. Please note, the discount code will be valid after Early Bird discount has expired on 25 September.
Find out more, see the full programme and book your place at www.rics.org/waterconference