- This event has passed.
Introduction to the UK Water Industry – Online Course
21 March @ 8:30 am - 24 March @ 1:30 pm
The Introduction to the UK Water Industry course has been designed to develop a detailed understanding of all aspects of the water, wastewater, its management and delivery via an online e-classroom for interactive learning.
The course will provide a brief history from council ownership to privatisation and ownership models that result in complex governance challenges including the emergence of the newly created Water Retail market and the challenges faced by both wholesaler and retailers.
It explores the major issues and challenges faced by the water sector in the UK with respect to the various financial cycles in England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland and the impacts thereupon on the supply chain, employees, construction of projects, the environment and ultimately the customer.
Four modules make up this fully facilitated online course:
- Regulation and Financial Cycle
- Water Cycle, Treatment and Distribution
- Wastewater and Sludge
- The Future and Emerging Pollutants
The Big Picture
- Understand how the water sector is regulated and governed
- The financial cycle explained and the open Water Market
- Learn about all the functions in the treatment and delivery of clean wholesome water
- Understand how wastewater is treated and managed
- Understand the impact of pollution in the environment
- Understand sustainability, new emerging pollutants and pathways
and how to proactively respond to improve operations and the environment
- Exploration of innovate solutions and future scenarios
- Jargon busting
Who is this course for?
The course is designed for those working in the water industry or those who wish to enter the sector. Suitable for those within the supply chain, the water companies, wholesalers, retailers, regulators, consultants, customers, graduates to managers from all sectors, water, wastewater and construction.
Continuing Professional Development
Certificate of Attendance which can be used towards your CPD evidence of learning will be provided.
Delegate Course Requirements and Expectations:
- Training Platform: Zoom. Please ensure that you are able to access Zoom ahead of time. We will be happy to help you test this prior to the course.
- Equipment: Laptop, audio and visual capabilities (webcam enabled), smart phone, pen and paper.
- Assumed knowledge: No experience of the water sector is assumed however a satisfactory equivalent of English and Maths capability is required to proceed.
- Timings: 08:30 (to start at 08:45hrs) to 13:30hrs (including breaks)
Course fees and registration – Course fee is £500 (ex. VAT) per person.
Discounts of 10% are available for Institute of Water and Future Water members and bona fide full-time students, furloughed or unemployed, multiple course participation and group registrations.
Courses can also be delivered directly to an individual company at a discounted cost for 7+ delegates.
Register with course facilitator CV Water Consultancy
This course is delivered in partnership with the Institute of Water