- This event has passed.
Introduction to the UK Water Industry Course
8th October 2019 @ 9:00 am - 9th October 2019 @ 4:30 pm
Delivered in Partnership with the Institute of Water
Designed to help anyone new and working in or with the water sector gain a detailed understanding of all aspects of the water industry and the management and delivery of this essential service.
The Introduction to the UK Water Industry course is a comprehensive insight and suitable for senior managers and all levels of staff including those working in operational, technical, scientific, commercial, retail, customer service and regulatory areas. The course will give delegates the information they need to develop their careers and to better understand the interaction and impact the various stakeholders have on the water sector.
The water industry has gone through some significant changes in the last thirty years. Efficiency, legislation and technology will continue to drive change for the foreseeable future. There is often not enough time to fully explore the impacts of this changing environment. The looming skills shortages and changes to water markets have focussed the need for investment in skills across the water sector.
During the course delegates will:
- Learn about all the functions involved in the delivery of a water service
- Gain a comprehensive overview of the UK water industry
- Identify the key drivers and economic value chain in the water industry
- Expand their existing knowledge of the water industry
- Explore issues affecting the future of water service provision in the UK and beyond
- Examine the issues facing the supply chain in a regulated business
Course content includes:
- History of water
- Regulation and legislation
- Water cycle
- Water resources and planning
- Water quality and treatment
- The water network
- Sewage, sewerage and pumping stations
- Sewage treatment
- Sludge disposal
Delegate fee: £350 + VAT
Interested? Please submit your details and we will be in touch.
The course delivers a fantastic opportunity to fully understand the way water companies, supply chain, regulatory and other bodies contribute to the on-going development and improvement of this world class product and service but don’t just take our word for it:
“Very good insight for a new starter.” Gareth Humphries, Dŵr Cymru Welsh Water
“A good overall view of the processes, great for beginners.” Rebecca Dash, Dŵr Cymru Welsh Water
Can’t make this course?
We have two more courses taking place in 2020.
- Tuesday 31 March & Wednesday 1 April
- Tuesday 23 & Wednesday 24 June