- This event has passed.
EUA & EIC live interactive session – ‘Engaging innovators and the supply chain in supporting the journey to a zero carbon gas network’
27th July 2021 @ 1:00 pm - 2:15 pm
For the UK to meet the challenge of climate change, there is a need to replace the carbon-emitting natural gas that 85% of UK homes rely upon for heating, hot water, and cooking. The UK energy networks are aiming to replace current gas with a combination of hydrogen and biomethane.
As we transition to a zero carbon gas network, what are the opportunities for innovators and the supply chain? What are the challenges and requirements to adapt the current network assets to enable the change?
• progress to date
• how innovators and supply chain can contribute to the zero carbon journey
• identify barriers to engagement in this new market
Issues highlighted at this event will inform the industry in the development of next steps (please note that IGEM is hosting an event 28th September “hydrogen and the gas network”, which will provide additional detail).
The session offers those joining an opportunity to meet the people tasked with creating the strategies, finding the solutions and making the investments.
In this live interactive session you will hear from:
• Mark Danter, Senior Project Manager at Northern Gas Networks
• Chris Train, heading the Gas goes Green initiative and former CEO at Cadent
• Peter O`Sullivan, Managing Director at PENSPEN
• Lorna Millington, Future Networks Manager at Cadent
• Andy Vine, Commercial Manager, ALH Systems Ltd
• Neil Gallon, Principal Engineer, ROSEN
Register your place with email@example.com