- This event has passed.
Canadian innovators at Water Dragons
22nd March 2021 @ 2:00 pm - 4:30 pm
Future Water is delighted to announce that we will be holding our first truly international Water Dragons event on World Water Day, Monday 22 March 2021. As we embark upon the second year of AMP7 where innovation takes centre stage thanks to the Ofwat Innovation Fund, there has never been a better time to look beyond the UK horizon to water innovation around the world.
We are running our International Water Dragons event in partnership with the Canadian High Commission and the Ontario Ministry of Economic Development, Job Creation and Trade (form MEDJCT). Eight innovations will be presented by companies keen to engage with the UK water market and establish working partnerships with the water sector supply chain. The innovations will span all aspects of water management including networks, treatment and water asset operations.
Plus Panel Discussion
Whilst the judges deliberate on their favourite innovation from Canada, there will be a panel discussion looking at ‘Learning from experience’. What has the past 12-months taught us? What have we done well? What could we have done differently? What innovations have emerged that we take forward in terms of best practice, ideas and technology.
Introducing the Panellists:
- Iman Hashemi, Vice President, Innovation and Infrastructure Solutions, Ontario Clean Water Agency
- Art Umble, Senior Vice President, Wastewater Treatment Sector Leader, Stantec
- Aaron Rosland, Counsellor – Commercial – Ontario, High Commission of Canada, London
This is sure to be a fascinating event with new perspectives on the challenges that we face in the water sector, plus the opportunity to engage, and maybe even partner with, these Canadian companies in the future. Join us for a unique and exciting opportunity to broaden your innovation horizon!
Introducing the companies pitching to the Water Dragons:
- A.U.G Signals – TRITON – Intelligent Water Surveillance.
- AquaSensing – Battery-free Leak Detection.
- Bishop Water Technologies Inc. – Build up, not out. An affordable, low-energy condominium for bacteria that improves the performance and longevity of wastewater treatment plants.
- BluMetric Environmental Inc. – Mission Ready Water in a World of Uncertainty.
- Deep Trekker Inc. – Submersible Robotics: Making inspections & cleaning safer than ever before.
- Digital Water Solutions Inc. – Reduce Failure & Loss in your Water Network: Meet hydrant.AI.
- FloNergia – The FloMov Pump – The Future of Pumping and Aerating Water.
- Tap Report – Inspections and Documentation – Solved.
In an 8 minute pitch, followed by questions from the Water Dragons, entrants must be able to:
- Identify the market need – what challenges is the innovation addressing?
- Explain clearly and succinctly what makes your product, service or process innovative compared to alternatives.
- Provide evidence on the potential savings and operational benefits your product or service could generate.
Introducing the Water Dragons:
- Jon Brigg – Manager of Innovation, Strategy & Regulation, Yorkshire Water
- Damian Crilly – Manager, Strategic Catchment Partnerships, Environment Agency
- Matt Lewis – Innovation Portfolio Manager, Severn Trent
- Alastair Moseley – Director, H2O WEM
- Steve Quarmby – Innovation Engineering Manager, United Utilities
- Chris Rees – Leakage Strategy Manager, Dŵr Cymru Welsh Water
- Caroline Wadsworth – Head of Strategic Partnerships, Isle Utilities
- Matt Foster – Engineering Director, Hydrosave
in partnership with
Water Dragons is proudly sponsored by