Young Water Dragons
Young Water Dragons celebrates and aims to find future creative thinkers, leaders and entrepreneurs of the water sector.
The utility sector is facing a skills crisis – particular in water. By 2024, water companies will need to have replaced their entire workforce! It is essential and timely therefore to encourage young people to become excited by the Water Sector as a career. Investing in future skills and talent is critical to ensure that the Water Sector remains fit for purpose and delivers the outcomes current and future customers will be expecting.
The goal of this initiative is to encourage as many schools as possible to think about Water; to develop water based projects and to bring forward new ideas which challenge our current thinking. Working with the National Science Council, Engineering UK, the Young Water Dragons has been granted one of the special awards categories for the Big Bang National Competition final next March.
To meet this achievement Future Water Association through Young Water Dragons is bringing together companies and organisations from across the Water Industry to invest in the future of the sector. Your support will allow the Association to:
- Increase the visibility and grow the Young Water Dragons award, making it part of the National STEM Awards programme linked to the Big Bang Fair.
- Support communications to schools to get young people interested in Water and encourage a focus on ‘water projects’.
- Bring new skills and talented people into the water sector.
- Enable Future Water Association to develop an engagement plan with schools to inspire potential entrants.
- Work with schools to put Water at the top of the careers agenda!
As a sponsor you will be:
- Investing in the future of the Water Sector.
- Encouraging new talent and people to ‘think water’.
- Supporting tomorrow’s water leaders and entrepreneurs.
- Linking your company with an initiative targeted at future skills, critical in today’s jobs market.
- Promoting the Water Sector as a great and creative place to work with a focus on the environment, customer service and state of the art technology.
This initiative was launched at Big Bang 2017 – The winners of the inaugural Young Water Dragons 2017 were Teesside High School – read about them here
The opportunity to support Young Water Dragons is open to all companies and organisations – To register your interest please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and put ‘Young Water Dragons’ in the subject line or complete the form below and return it to us
Be part of Shaping the Future of water. Support Young Water Dragons – Join those already supporting Young Water Dragons:
Young Water Dragon Supporting Partners