Yokshire Water £386m 12 month Invesment Plan
Article Date: 1st February 2017
Yorkshire Water has announced that its new household bills will be the second cheapest in England and Wales and will be used to fund its planned £386m investment over the next 12 months.
As of April 1st, water and sewerage bills for Yorkshire Water's household customers will rise by an average of 2.06 per cent, which is below the rate of inflation. This equates to an annual rise in cost, on average, of £8.
This means the average annual bill for Yorkshire's household customers will be £373, but the exact amount customers get billed will vary depending on if they are on a meter or not.
The announcement of new bills comes as Yorkshire Water plans to spend £386 this year on improvements as part of its wider £3.8bn investment programme covering 2015 - 2020. This will involve upgrading water treatment works, sewers and pumping stations. Investment will also be made to conserve moorland, protect the environment from flooding, and improve rivers.
Flagship schemes Yorkshire Water have planned this year to make water taste even better and improve sewerage services for customers include:
· Leeds - £72m investment at Knostrop waste water treatment works to build a state-of the-art sludge treatment and anaerobic digestion facility. This will create renewable energy to power 55% of the site's total energy needs.
· Huddersfield – Ongoing £5m scheme to renovate the Grade II listed spillway at Butterley reservoir in Marsden.
· Sheffield – Ongoing work as part of the £24m upgrade at Rivelin water treatment works near Sheffield to enhance drinking water quality for hundreds of thousands of residents in Sheffield.
· Dronfield - £25m upgrade of Dronfield sewage plant near Sheffield to make it a twenty-first century facility incorporating high-tech waste water treatment processes.
This was posted by future water association in Industry News
- Feeding the Pipeline of Talent into the Water Sector
- A Place for SuDS - Multifunctional Sustainable Drainage
- Lanes reaches million job milestone with Thames Water
- Lanes Group wins Wastewater Contract with Business Stream
- £2.4 million for UK Businesses with Urban Innovation in Brazil competition
- Northumbrian Water Investing in the Future in 2017/2018
- United Utilities Water Investment Plans
- Yokshire Water £386m 12 month Invesment Plan